Avid Media Composer ScriptSync + Simon Says transcription
Easily import and line up a Simon Says transcript with ScriptSync in Avid Media Composer
Simon Says aspires to remove the time-consuming aspects of transcription from post production so you can focus on more important work. Part of that means accurate transcription and then great compatibility with your NLE.
You can now export a ScriptSync-ready file from Simon Says and then import that into Avid Media Composer for easy syncing via ScriptSync.
View this quick tutorial video or follow the instructions below. To view the video subtitles in another language, click the settings icon in the video and choose from an available language under Subtitles/CC
- Click Export from Simon Says and select the option ‚ÄúAvid Media Composer‚Äù and suboption ‚ÄúScriptSync‚Äù:
2. In Avid, from the ‚ÄúFile‚Äù menu, click ‚ÄúNew,‚Äù then ‚ÄúNew Script‚Äù and open the plain text file you received from Simon Says.
3. Open the Bin containing the clip(s) you want to associate with the new Script.
4. In the Script, highlight the transcription.
5. Drag the clip for that transcript from the bin to the script so they are linked.
6. Click the small box under the clip thumbnail:
7. Go to the ‚ÄúScript‚Äù menu, select ‚ÄúScriptSync,‚Äù then ‚ÄúOK.‚Äù
8. Avid creates sync marks for each line of text (assuming the clip has clean audio)
TaDa, your transcript is synced and you‚Äôre ready to get back to editing.