Subtitle/Caption Facebook Videos with Simon Says
Users are increasingly watching online videos without sound. This makes having subtitles even more important, besides fulfilling its key premise to make content accessible to those with hearing difficulties.
If you are familiar with editing and exporting files from Simon Says, skip to Step 5.
- Upload your video file to Simon Says and click Transcribe. (Choose the language of the media to transcribe. You can translate to multiple languages later.) Fill in your payment details and click Let's do this
2. Edit any items in the generated transcript
If you want your file translated to have multiple language support for your SRT, now is the time to do it. Please see our article on translating with Simon Says here.
3. Click Export, select Subtitles, and then select the suboption Facebook/Youtube, then click Let's do this.
4. Unzip the file that has been downloaded to your computer.
6. Open up your Facebook account and Click Photo/Video at the top of your timeline or News Feed
7. Choose the video from your computer, then click Post
8. Facebook will notify you when your video is ready to view. Click the notification or the gray date and time at the top of the post on your News Feed or timeline and click to view the video
9. Click Options at the bottom and select Edit this video
10. Click Choose File below Upload SRT files and select the .srt file you downloaded from Simon Says from your computer then click Save
11. Click ÔøΩ and select Edit Video. Click under Backup Language and choose a language, then click Save. (The backup language will only appear on videos where you do not have your preferred caption language available)
To add subtitles in other languages, repeat steps 9 and 10 for each additional language you want to add and change Backup Language if necessary. Play your file to make sure your captions display. (Make sure you have enabled Always view captions by clicking Settings in the video player and selecting More video settings)
Get started today at https://www.simonsays.ai