subtitle video in
Subtitled video is ever-more important in the age of Internet distribution with large, global audiences. Subtitles increase the potential audience size for your message by making content consumable to people in international locations, on social media as video is often played on mute, and to those hard of hearing by increasing accessibility.
Simon Says can subtitle your video in minutes. It is accurate, easy-to-use, and highly flexible so you achieve perfect subtitles for whichever application and platform you need.
Here's how in 5 steps:
1. Import your video via the web, macOS app, or Final Cut Pro X Extension.
2. Select the project language as:
and click "Transcribe".
3. Your transcript displays in the video-transcript editor interface when ready. Transcripts are editable and contain timecode metadata per word so that they always remain in sync with the media file. Invite colleagues, add speaker names, and edit it if need be.
If you are looking to get translated subtitles, click “Export”, select “Translate”, and choose all the languages you want to translate your subtitles into. Translation completes in seconds and you will see your translated transcript in the same editor interface.
4. When ready, export the transcript (and any translations) to the Visual Subtitle Editor by clicking export and choosing the respective icon. You can set parameters such as the maximum number of lines per subtitle card and number of characters per line.
The benefit of the Visual Subtitle Editor is you get to see how the subtitles will be formatted on-screen and you can edit it to be as you like.
5. The last step is one final export. You can export to "burn-in" which 'prints' the subtitles onto the video itself.
Or export to a subtitle format, such as SRT, WebVTT, SAMI, FCPXML Captions, Avid SubCap, STL, and more.
TaDa! Your video is now ready for distribution. Share it. Upload it to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Or import it to your video editing application.
With Simon Says, you can also:
See the full list
of supported languages.