Simon Says on Your iPhone
Record, transcribe, bookmark, and export from your phone.
Hello! Isaac T. here. I‚Äôm new on the team and excited to help grow Simon Says. This is my first post, and I‚Äôm looking forward to many more!
Here‚Äôs a recent discovery of mine that I‚Äôd thought I‚Äôd share:
Simon Says is available on your iPhone! üé§üì±üéß
Why would you transcribe anything on your phone? Ohhh I don‚Äôt know‚Ä¶ maybe:
- For pre-interviews when you are assessing and prepping a potential interviewee.
- For full blown interviews, like in podcasts, or voiceovers.
- To record production meetings and share with the rest of the team.
How does it work?
- Download Simon Says (transcription, not the weird games) from the Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/app/simon-says-transcription/id1434952638
- Sign In or Sign Up! New users get 15 minutes of transcription / translation time for free.
- Tap (+) to begin a New Recording.
- 3‚Ä¶ 2‚Ä¶ 1‚Ä¶ go!
Recording sessions are known as Meetings. You can record up to 4 hours in one Meeting (but hopefully 4-hour meetings are few and far between!). Recording even continues if your display goes to sleep.
Need to pause?
- Tap the ‚è∏ icon.
- When you‚Äôre ready, tap the microphone icon to resume.
- Tap the Home icon and your recording uploads to the cloud.
- Transcribe it right then and there, or wait! It will be accessible across all Simon Says applications including macOS, the website and of course, the iPhone.
You can record in Simon Says at no charge. So if you record separate takes, you can review your audio, then decide which ones to transcribe.
And if you‚Äôre recording interviews in the field, then handing off transcriptions to someone in the office, check out our Team Accounts.
Using a fixer or translator and don‚Äôt speak the local language? Record on location and you can translate your transcript too!